I have a long list of things on my to-do list this week, such as cleaning out my closet, updating Ethan's scrapbook, and most importantly cleaning out Ethan's closet and drawers. I still have some newborn clothes in there! I want to get a bunch of plastic tubs to store all his clothes by size and put them in the attic until we need them again one day.
I took Ethan for his 12-month check-up today. Good thing, because the Dr. said he has a double ear infection! I guess his first in over a year isn't too bad. Poor guy; it was causing a bad cough and congestion too.
His stats look ok - 21 pounds (25th%) and 30 inches tall (50th%). He got 4 shots and is now crashed out in his crib-note the pics below! The Dr. is concerned that his weight isn't increasing much so she put him on a high fat/high protein diet. Lately he hasn't wanted to eat much (I guess due to not feeling well). He's been throwing his food on the floor to signal being done, so we started doing sign language for "all done". Hopefully that will help. I also got the idea from my friend Alicia to turn his high-chair around for a "time-out" when he throws his food. I tried it last night at dinner and he hated it but once I turned him around again he ate better!
We have also been doing signs for "more", "please" and "thank-you". I feel like I'm in uncharted territory with this new "pre-toddler" stage he's in. I read so many books for babies' first year and felt very confident from 0-12 months, but now I'm not so sure. So I've been reading like crazy this week, trying to learn as much as I can about this pre-toddler and toddler phase, including development, eating, and discipline. Ethan was such a good baby and I want to make sure he's a good toddler too - no brats in this house!
We started him on whole milk, at first mixing it with formula gradually until 100% milk. He doesn't like the taste as much, but we'll keep working on it. We're also phasing out the bottle slowly. He does better with sippy cups that have a straw.
Enjoy these recent pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment