Thursday, June 30, 2011

1 Month Old!

Mason turned 1 month today and we survived! I do mean survived as it has been a hard transition going from 1 kid to 2. Ethan himself is pretty easy and Mason is too (for a newborn) but the combination of them together is what is draining. I don't have much "me" time at all and when I do get a shower, I have to take Ethan in the bathroom with me and bring some toys so he doesn't go and bother Mason. I have started hiding Mason from Ethan throughout the day because he wants to love on him ALL THE TIME and most of that means he gets woken up from naps.

Here are a few things we've learned about our new little man this month:
1. Still not going very long at night between feedings. His longest stretch is about 5 hours from 9 pm to 2 am. After that he wants to eat every 2 or 3 hours.
2. He fights his naps and gets very fussy when he's tired.
3. He loves being talked to and is starting to respond to my voice. Hopefully we'll get some smiles soon. :)
4. He loves being held.
5. He sleeps on his tummy-don't tell the doctor!!
6. Getting better at taking a bottle, but needs to be super hungry to do it.
7. I'm hoping by the end of his second month, Mason will be sleeping through the night or at least close!!!! I have been sticking to BabyWise in hopes of this!
8. At his 2 week check-up, he weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces, up from 6.11 in the hospital. We go back at 6 weeks for shots and another check-up.
9. Still sleeps in the basinet in our room at night but takes naps in his crib now.

Ethan has regressed a little and has been climbing into Mason's basinet, swing, car seat, bouncy seat, etc. He has also been sucking on a paci which he hasn't done since he was 3 months old! Hoping this little phase will be short-lived.



Sweet sleep!
Wants to be the baby


Here we go again



"Let him sleep, Ethan"



















No comments:

Post a Comment