Since it was Memorial Day, we had the day off so we were out and about running errands that morning. We had stopped to eat lunch at Double Daves and then went home so Ethan could take a nap. I decided to lie down too, and it was then that the contractions started. I had been having them on and off for a few weeks, so I didn't think much of it. I took a bath to see if that would help. They were getting more intense, so I called my doctor to see what she thought. She said I needed to get to the hospital right away to get checked out. Jake took Ethan to his parents' house and then we were on our way. We half-expected to be sent home, but sure enough, I was in labor!
About 2 hours later, my sweet Mason was born! Thank goodness for a short labor, because the epidural didn't work on my left side and I felt EVERYTHING! We are so blessed with 2 healthy, beautiful boys. Ethan is already in love with baby brother. He wants to kiss and hold him all the time....he's not very gentle, so we will be working on that! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment